Library and Information Centre was established in the year 1963, Now is one of the best engineering college libraries in the state. It started its function with a vision to serve the information needs of its users and it mainly holds books related to engineering and allied subjects
The library has a collection of over 1,31,000 Volumes of Text Books, Reference Books, Directories, Yearbooks, Biographical sources, Humanities, Abstracts, Literature and Management. The library, amazingly rich collection of Thesis, Dissertations, Encyclopedias and General books including Kannada & English novels. Collections of books, CD/DVD’s in IAS corner, encourage the Students in preparation to the computation examinations like IAS, IPS, GATE, TOFEL, GRE & other National & International level.
The library is also subscribing for 165 Technical journals, 30 general magazines and it has a subscription for full text e-Journals like IEEE-IEL Online, Elsevier (Science direct), ASCE, ASME, Springer, Taylor & Francis, ProQuest, Knimbus Digital Library, Membership of DELNET, Remote Access Solution Comprising of more than 5754 journals, NPTEL lecture series (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) to access video lectures.
Digital library with 35 systems to access the E-Journals, E-books, CD/DVD’s are available in the Library. Using libsoft software for all in-house operations in the library are fully computerized and provide web-based access to the online catalogue of library
Library & Information Centre provides uncompromising information and intellectual requirements to its students and faculty with a user-friendly approach. It offers a fully integrated and dynamic environment for conducting academic study. Multiple copies ensure that resources are easily available in Reference Section and Stock Section as well. Besides this, it provides Lending of books and journal back volumes, photocopying, CD/DVD and Internet services, etc.
• Book Circulation Service
• Reference service / Referral Service
• Journals & General magazine section
• Newspaper section
• Web OPAC / Bibliographic service
• Online Access to e-resources
• Digital Library services
• Inter Library Loan / Document delivery service (through DELNET)
• Reprographic services
• SC & ST Book Bank scheme, Etc…
• Knimbus E-Library Service
The Library is kept open during the following timings:
• Monday to Friday 10 AM to 5.30PM (Monday & Thursday up to 6.30 PM for Evening College)
• Saturday 10 AM to 2.00 PM
• Sunday 10 AM to 11 AM
Monday to Saturday 8:00 AM to 08:00 PM
(Depending on the Students requirements the above timings are extended during Examination Time.)
Digital Library services:
Exclusively installed a IBM DS 3400 Storage Server, Techfocus Digital Library software 4.0 and 35 computer for this purpose.
Library has digitized the following materials:
• Books/ Journals/Magazine/ CDs/DVD’s
• Faculty Publications
• Previous year Question Papers
• Photo Gallery
• Syllabus of all Semesters and all branches
• CD-Mirroring (CDs/ DVDs)
• Newspaper Clippings, etc.
Students and Staff are requested to access the above resources through Intranet (within the campus), visiting http://10.24.7.3 (click on browse, give appropriate key-word and search or appropriate category)
E-RESOURCES (BOOKS & JOURNALS)
LIST OF E-JOURNALS SUBSCRIBED
Restrictions on access and downloading of licensed e-Resources. The e-Resources are licensed for the non-profit educational use of the Institute. Copyright law governs use of these e-Resources.
Doing the following things are strictly prohibited:
• Systematic downloading, distributing, or retaining substantial portions.
• Forwarding electronic versions of articles or the use of electronic articles for commercial purposes.
• Strictly prohibited to download entire journal issue or databases or an entire e-book.
Why should we not do the above things?
• Improper use can result in denial of access for the whole Institute to all electronic journals from a given publisher.
• Access to e-Resources is based on license agreements with publishers.
• Library users are permitted to make digital copies of individual documents, that is, to download an individual document temporarily to their own hard disc for non-commercial purposes only.
• Publishers keep track of patterns of use and where the publishers suspect misuse in the form of systematic downloading (ex. more than one article from an issue, continuous downloading from a particular journal etc.).
• They will cut off access requiring Library to investigate and take action on those who have misused the e-Resources.
• There have been instances where publishers have withdrawn access to their online resources to the entire Institute.
• This prevents access by the majority of responsible users to information needed for their research and learning.
• It becomes obligatory on the library’s part to investigate such misuses and report the same to the publishers.
•Takes longer time to get the access restored and convince the publisher that re-occurrence of such misuses will be stopped.
Developing Library Network (DELNET)/Inter Library Loan:
Is a network of 5144 institutions and access is being given to more than 50 lakh records through online systems. DELNET has been actively engaged with the compilation of various union catalogues of the resources available in member libraries. It has already created the union catalogue of books, union list of current periodicals, CD ROM database. DELNET provides an array of facilities including E mail to its member libraries including both institutional and associate institutional members. It has indeed been a big leap towards the modernization of libraries in India.
DELNET is offering inter- Library loan & Document delivery services to its member libraries on request in delivering of books and journals through courier service.
DELNET had updated the following full-text online open source databases.
2. E-Books : Engineering Science & Technology
3. Full-Text Medical Books
4. Full-Text Medical Journals
5. Architecture E-Journals
6. Dental E-Journals
7. Education E-Journals
8. Engineering & Technology E-Journals
9. Law E-Journals
10. Management E-Journals
11. Nursing E-Journals
12. Pharmacy E-Journals
13. Engineering & Technology E-Journals : TOC
14. Networked Digital Library of Thesis and Dissertations
15. Learning Resources for LIS Professionals
16. Digital Libraries of the World
17. Networked Digital Library of Thesis & Dissertations
18. Thesis & Dissertations Database
User name : knsjce
Password : sjce11
• Silence to be maintained
• No discussion permitted within the library
• Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the library resources
• No personal belongings allowed inside the library
• Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library
• Using Cellular phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
• Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library
• Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter
• The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
• Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
• Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
Admission to Library:
Students are allowed to library, Reference Section & Digital Library only on production of their authorized/valid Identity Cards
Circulation Issue System:
Books will be issued on presentation of the library card along with the smart card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
Books will be issued to the students for 14 days only. In the last page slip is pasted and stamped mentioning the due date and the fine will be charged @ Rs.0.50 per day per book up to one week. After one week Rs.1 per day per book from the due date till the book is returned to library.
If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the latest edition or same edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the Principal.
Care of library borrower cards:
Take special care to maintain the library borrower cards. Do not fold, alter entries made on the cards, Members are responsible for the entire set of library borrower card issued to them.
Loss of cards/ Smart cards:
Loss of borrower card/ Smart card should be reported to the librarian in writing. After checking the borrowing register they will be issued a fresh replacement card on a payment of Rs.10/- per Borrower card and Rs.200/- for Smart card.
Validity of cards:
Library borrower cards are valid for the respective academic year only and fresh cards will be issued for each year & Smart cards are valid till end of the Course. At the end of the academic year borrower cards shall be returned to the library.
No due Certificate:
Each student shall obtain No dues certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.
Care of Library Books:
Students are required to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil; writing or highlighting, tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case, reader shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.
SC/ST students of the college can become a member of the book bank giving application along with Document Proof, for the full duration of course. Members of the book bank will be issued 4 to 5 textbooks (availability of books) for each semester. Books shall be returned within one week after the theory examination.
This section has Encyclopedia, dictionaries, Text books reference books etc. which are only available for reference. User can make use of these resources.
In this section, journals, general magazines and News letter are available. They are arranged Subject wise. The latest issues are displayed on display rack and other previous issues are arranged in the drawer. Bound volumes of periodicals are arranged in rack Subject wise and are meant only for reference within the library.
Students of all branches (both UG and PG) are hereby informed that the previous year question papers (year 2009 and onwards) are made available on the intranet. The student visiting the following URL can access question papers http://10.24.7.3(with in campus through intranet. user ID: student and Password: student).
Mobile No.: +919449489864