- Email Address
- Education Qualification (All qualification including diploma)
B.Sc., B.Ed., M.Sc., PhD
- Journals Published
- Conferences Presented
- Research and Development projects submitted
- Training Programs attended
- Training Programs conducted and coordinated
Awarded TEQIP Fellowship for pusuing PhD (April 2016 – October 2016).
Awarded student travel grant for International Workshop on Advanced Materials (IWAM) 2017, organized and sponsored by the Ras Al Khaimah Center for Advanced Materials (RAK CAM), held in Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates on 19th - 21st of February, 2017.
- Research Interests
Drug design and development - Antibacterial agents, antiinflammatory agents
Medicinal Organic Chemistry
Solid State Structural Chemistry
Nanomaterials and their catalytic application
- List of Publication
1. Rakesh, K.P., H. Marichannegowda, M., Srivastava, S., Chen, X., Long, S., KARTHIK, C.S., Mallu, P. and Qin, H.L.,“Master Manipulator Counteracts Immune Battle: An Understanding of Staphylococcus aureus Response and Combinatorial Approaches in Drug Discovery for Future Treatment”. ACS Combinatorial Science, 2018, DOI: 10.1021/acscombsci.8b00088 (I.F.: 3.500)
2. Hema M. K, Karthik C. S., Manukumar H. M., Karthik Kumara, Pampa K. J. Mallesha L, Mallu P., Umesha S., Ismail Warad and Lokanath N. K. “Synthesis and structural studies of (Z)-3-hydroxy-1-phenylbut-2-en-1-one copper (II) complexes as an excellent antimicrobial agent against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus” Inorganica Chimica Acta, 2019, 484, 227-236 (I.F.: 2.264)
3.Yasser Hussein Eissa Mohammed, H.M. Manukumar, K.P. Rakesh, C.S. Karthik, P. Mallu, Hua-LiQin, “Vision for medicine: Staphylococcus aureus biofilm war and unlocking key's for anti-biofilm drug development” Microbial Pathogenesis, 2018, 123. (I.F.: 2.332)
4. Xu Zhang, H.M. Manukumar, K.P. Rakesh, C.S. Karthik, H.S. Nagendra Prasad, S. Nanjunda Swamy b, P. Mallu, Yasser Hussein Eissa Mohammed, Hua-Li Qin. “Role of BP*C@AgNPs in Bap-dependent multicellular behavior of clinically important methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) biofilm adherence: A key virulence study” Microbial Pathogenesis, 2018, 123, 275–284. (I.F.: 2.332)
5. C. S. Karthik, H. M. Manukumar, S. Sandeep, B.L. Sudarshan, S. Nagashree, K.P. Rakesh, L. Mallesha, K.R.Sanjay, P. Mallu, and Hua-Li Qin, “Development of Piperazine-1-carbothioamide titivated chitosan silver nanoparticle (P1C-Tit*CAgNP) as promising anti-inflammatory candidate:A molecular docking validation” RSC Med Chem Comm. 2018, 9, 713-724. (I.F.: 2.342)
6. Hema M. K., Karthik C. S, Ismail Waradb, Mousa Al-Noaim, Karthik Kumara, Mallesha L, Mallu P, and Lokanath N. K. “Novel copper(II)/phenathroline/4,4,4-trifluoro-1-phenylbutane-1,3-dione complex: Crystal structure,DFT, Hirshfeld surface, spectral, solvatochromism, thermal and DNA-binding analysis” Journal of Molecular Structure, 2018, 1157, 69-77 (IF-2.011).
7.14) C. S. Karthik, H. M. Manukumar, A. P. Ananda, S. Nagashree, L. Mallesha, S. Umesha, P. Mallu, and N. B. Krishnamurthy. Synthesis of novel benzodioxane midst piperazine moiety decorated chitosan silver nanoparticles (BP*C@AgNPs) against biohazard pathogens and as potential anti-inflammatory candidate: An molecular docking proofs International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2018, 108, 489–502. 77 (IF-3.909).