- Email Address
- Education Qualification (All qualification including diploma)
• Pursuing Ph.D. under VTU, Belagavi
• M.Tech in ‘Engineering Management, SJCE (Autonomous), Mysuru, under VTU, Belagavi
• B.E in ‘Mechanical Engineering’, NIE, Mysuru, under VTU, Belagavi
- Research and Development
• Attended ‘Summer Faculty Research Fellowship Program, 2015 (SFRF, 2015)’ in Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi from 28.05.2015 to 16.07.2015
Invited Symposium presentation:
• Invited to deliver a lecture in Symposium jointly organized by IIT-Gandhinagar and National Frontiers of Engineering on the theme ‘Cognition and Safety’. Talk delivered on the topic: Human Error – ‘Just Human, Not Just an Error’ during September 2014.
- Training Programs attended
- • Attended a short term course on ‘3D Printing (A Disruptive Technology of this era)’ conducted by Dr. Karunakaran, Chair Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bombay from August 20-21, 2018. • Participated in a 3 days Short term course on ‘Industrial Safety Engineering’ conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur from 16.2.2015 to 18.2.2015 • Participated in a workshop on ‘Design Innovation’ conducted by CPDM, Indian Institute of Science (Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing, IISc) in Bangalore from 21.07.2014 to 2.8.2014 • Participated in a workshop on ‘Ergonomics and Design issues’ held as a part of International Ergonomics Conference conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, in Guwahati from 1.12.2014 to 5.12.2014
- Training Programs conducted and coordinated
- Organized a talk on “On becoming Lieutenant: My transitional journey from Corporate to Kargil” by Lt. Sharath Mano, alumnus of Department of Industrial and Production Engineering, SJCE, Mysuru.
- Research Interests
• Industrial and Organizational Psychology
• Human factors engineering
• Human Centered Design.
• Creative aspects of Product Design.
- List of Publication
Note: List contains some of the papers presented and published in reputed national and international - journals and conferences.
a. International Journal – Latest Paper Published:
Skanda M.G., Dr. V. Ramesh “Industrial Accidents and Individual Differences: A Review on Personality Traits and Accident Proneness in Manufacturing Sectors” published in Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical & Control Systems, Vol. 10, 05-Special Issue, 2018 (SCOPUS indexed)
b. International Conferences – Papers presented at reputed conferences:
1. Skanda M.G., Dr. V. Ramesh, “Study on Human Error Management Culture in Medium and Small Scale Manufacturing Setups of Mysore city in India”, 8th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics (AHFE 2017) held in Los Angeles. USA from 17.7.2017 to 21.7.2017.
2. Skanda M.G., Dr. V. Ramesh, Shruthi M, “Workplace Safety and Human Errors: Analysis of Error Orientation and Error Management Culture in LPG Bottling Plant” 14th International Conference on Humanizing Work and Work Environment HWWE-2016, held in Jalandhar, Punjab from 8.12.2016 to 11.12.2016.
C. National Conference – Paper presented at reputed conferences:
Skanda M.G., Dr. V. Ramesh, “Taxonomic Approach to Identify Human error in Safety Critical Domains”, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering Management (NCETEM -2014) held on 6/11/2014 to 7/11/2014 organized by Department of Industrial Engineering and Management in association with IIIE, IIMM, QCFI & COSPIK